Corporate Social Responsibility
2017 - 2016
Fun in the sun with needy kids at veggie farm
- In December 2017, Hong Leong Finance held a charity event which involved 15 volunteers from the company. A numbers of needy children aged 7 to 14 from Sunbeam Place were brought to Bollywood Veggies for a fun outing. Sunbeam Place, which is part of Singapore Children’s Society, is a residential home and is known as place of safety for children who have been abused or neglected, and are in need of protection, or for those whose parents are unable to provide proper care. The volunteers and children were split into different groups, and enjoyed a series of specially-planned activities.
Family Day at the Singapore Zoological Gardens
- Fostering strong family bonding, Hong Leong Finance supports the annual Hong Leong Group’s Family Day organised by the Hong Leong Group Sports & Recreation Club. This year, the event was held at the Singapore Zoological Gardens. Our staff and their family participated in many fun activities including carnival games, F1 simulator, magic show and photo-hunt.
Support for inter-racial & inter-religious harmony
- Hong Leong Finance pledges its support for the inter-racial & inter-religious harmony in Singapore with its participation in the launch of the Harmony Train at the North East Line by Thye Hua Kwan Moral Society.
Bazaar Sale cum Singtel Roadshow
- Several vendors participated in the Bazaar sale where our staff get to enjoy exclusive deals from Singtel and other promotional items such as wellness, health and bodycare products, cakes, sausages etc. To enhance our charity outreach, Assisi Fun Day tickets were also on sale at the event to help the Assisi Hospice. Singapore Heart Foundation is also present to promote “Save-A-Life” initiative where staff can download the myResponder mobile application and register as a volunteer Responder.
Trekking in Pahang, Malaysia
- Staff and their families had an exciting and unforgettable trip to Pahang, Malaysia, organised by the Hong Leong Group Sports & Recreation Club . It included a challenging trekking to the Tapis (Rainbow) Waterfall where they had to wade across a knee-to-waist deep stream and an interesting traditional sampan boat ride to Lake Chini and the Orang Asii village. The memorable experience had helped to strengthen the staff family bonding.
Farms visit for the elderly
- At the Hong Leong Foundation annual charity event, Hong Leong Finance staff accompanied the seniors aged 65 to 93 from the Henderson Senior Citizens’ Home and St John’s Home for the Elderly Person to a tour of goat farm, quail farm and a vegetable and mushroom farm. It was a nostalgic experience for the seniors and they were treated to lunch at the end of the tour.
Support for TODAY Enable Fund
- To help build a society where every citizen of all abilities has a place and role to play, as well as increase our community outreach, Hong Leong Finance supported the TODAY Enable Fund. The Fund, launched by ESM Goh Chok Tong, the TODAY and SGEnable will focus on efforts to enhance the education, skills and employment prospects of persons with disabilities.
Front-Runner Dementia-Friendly Organisation
- All Hong Leong Finance branch frontline staff attended a training programme by Forget Us Not (FUN), a joint initiative by Lien Foundation and Khoo Teck Puat Hospital. The training provided the staff with an insight on dementia and equipped them with the knowledge and skills to recognise and act on its signs and symptoms at work and in the community.
Hong Leong Olympics
- At the Hong Leong Olympics 2016, there were competitive individual and team sports for staff of Hong Leong Group, as well as exciting games and thrilling track and field events for their children to take part with them to strengthen parent-child rapport. Hong Leong Finance clinched the second position amongst four groups of Hong Leong companies. The achievement was a testament that the staff worked hard and played hard.
Walkathon Family Day
- Hong Leong Finance advocates building strong family bonding and maintaining a healthy lifestyle for its staff via activities organised by Hong Leong Group Sports & Recreation Club. Staff had a great time with their families at the Walkathon Family Day doing fun activities together over a sumptuous breakfast buffet at Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel despite the walk being cancelled due to wet weather condition.
Outing for residents from Home for the Aged Charity Event
- In celebration of the Lunar New Year, Hong Leong Finance staff joined other staff from Hong Leong Group to accompany 60 seniors aged between 63 and 98 years old from Kheng Chiu Loke Tin Kee Home and Bo Tien Home for the Aged for a visit to Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum to view dinosaur fossils and be treated to a festive buffet lunch at Copthorne King’s Hotel.
2015 - 2014
Biking and blading for a good cause
- In bid to help the elderly and disabled in our community, we supported a fundraiser Charity Bike and Blade where a group of 100 cyclists cycled to and fro between Desaru and Mersing, raising more than $420,000.
Giving back to the society and nurturing the future generation
- Hong Leong Finance is one of the key sponsors for NTU Fest 2015, organised in conjunction with the SG50 celebration. The event provides a platform for students to contribute to the society and to spread the spirit of social responsibility and compassion amongst the student population.
Mid-Autumn Festival Cheers
- Mid-Autumn Festival celebrations came early to nearly 20 children from Singapore Children’s Society when Hong Leong Foundation, the charity arm of the Hong Leong Group brought the underprivileged kids to Orchard Hotel Singapore for a fun mooncake-making party complete with lanterns. Staff volunteers partner the children to make mooncakes.
Hong Leong Walks for Children
- Hong Leong Group’s Family Day was held at the same time as the Hong Leong Foundation annual fundraising walkathon by Singapore Children’s Society, "Walk for Our Children". The event attracted nearly 6,000 participants and raised $800,000 to further the Society’s mission of bringing relief and happiness to needy. More than 1,420 staff and families formed the Hong Leong contingent.
Celebrating Jubilee Year with Duck Tour for Elderly
- Hong Leong Foundation’s annual charity event saw some of Hong Leong Finance staff taking nearly 50 elderly beneficiaries from St. John’s Home for Elderly Persons and St Andrew’s Cathedral Home for the Aged on a Duck Tour through the city and the waters of Marina Bay. Cash giveaways of about S$580,000 were distributed to more than 5,000 needy recipients - the largest annual cash giveaway since 2006.
Championing education and personal growth at NTU Fest 2014
- Hong Leong Finance was a key sponsor of the NTU Fest 2014, where it supported a charity drive to help ITE students in their advancement of education and personal development.
- Hong Leong Finance was among the 30 staff volunteers who took 50 seniors to the Singapore Zoo as part of Hong Leong Foundation’s annual charity event. The Foundation’s annual cash giveaways to the needy hit nearly $500,000, contributing to total donations of $3 million towards worthy causes for the year 2013.
2013 - 2012
Supporting social integration for inmates and ex-offenders
- Hong Leong Finance supported the Singapore Corporation of Rehabilitative Enterprises’ (SCORE) work programme by engaging their services in the packaging of red packets. This work programme is an integral component of their eventual reintegration into society.
Visit to Tai Pai Old People's Home
- Chinese New Year came early to the elderly residents at Tai Pei Old People’s Home when 40 staff volunteers including those from Hong Leong Finance, visited the home as part of Hong Leong Foundation’s annual charity event. The visit included massages from blind massage therapists from Singapore Association of Visually Handicapped, dim sum, as well as music performances from the Foundation’s beneficiaries. For the year 2012, Hong Leong Foundation’s overall donations came to a grand total of over $7 million.
Fundraising for Assisi Hospice through recycling efforts
- In an innovative move to recycle old computers during its company-wide computer upgrade exercise, Hong Leong Finance introduced a matching scheme for the funds given by the staff for their superseded computers. All monies were donated to Assisi Hospice.
2011 & Earlier
Maritime Museum at Resorts World Sentosa
- Hong Leong Finance brought early Christmas cheer to about 80 elderly needy (ages range from 60 to 101) when they were brought on an outing to the Maritime Experiential Museum at Resorts World Sentosa. The elderly residents from St. John’s Home for Elderly Persons and the Adventist Home for the Elderly, were one of the first groups of seniors to visit Sentosa’s latest attraction. The outing was part of Hong Leong Foundation’s annual charity event, which saw them donate close to $400,000 to some 3,000 elderly recipients under the Public Assistance Scheme that year.
Universal Thrill for the Elderly at Sentosa
- Hong Leong Finance staff took 50 elderly beneficiaries from Kheng Chiu Loke Tin Kee Home to Universal Studios Singapore in Sentosa as part of Hong Leong Foundation’s annual charity event. The seniors were between the ages of 57 and 93. With this charity event, the Foundation’s overall monetary giveaway came up to $1.8 million for year 2010.
Platinum Sponsor at BlueSky Festival
- Hong Leong Finance is a continuous supporter of BlueSky Festival, held in celebration of the entrepreneurial spirit in Singapore. The conference focused on the importance of recognising innovation as the essence of a successful and sustainable business and not as a lifeline during lean times.