Extended Support Scheme (ESS)
Reliefs that you can consider to ease your monthly repayment for residential property.
Extended loan relief measures for individuals
Reduced Instalment Plans
Lower repayment pegged at 60% of monthly instalment
Extended Moratorium Period
Extended up to 31 Dec 2021
- Moratorium period up to 31 Dec 2021
- Reduced monthly instalment repayment pegged at 60% of monthly instalment will result in higher total interest costs over the course of the loan
- After the moratorium period, the loan amount will be re-amortised over the remaining loan tenure
- Application period is extended up to 30 Sep 2021
- View FAQ on ESS
- Applies to borrowers who have not taken up any prior relief
- For loans on owner-occupied or investment HDB and private residential properties
- For borrowers with mortgage repayments that are no more than 90 days past due at the point of application
- ESS is for borrowers whose income is impacted by at least 25% after 1 Feb 2020
Loan Relief Illustration Table For Monthly Instalment, Additional Interest And Total Interest Payment
- Outstanding principal is S$300,000
- Interest rate is 3% p.a.
- Outstanding loan tenure of 180 months
- Monthly Repayment pegged at 60% of Monthly Instalment
- Deferment of repayment for 9 months
- There is no undrawn sum
- Interest rate remains unchanged during the whole tenure of the loan
|Monthly Repayment pegged at 60% of Monthly Instalment for 9 Months
|Monthly Instalment Payment||2,017.74||2,122.57|
|Additional Interest Payment||N.A.||1,745.85|
|Total Interest Payment||72,914.09||74,659.94|
- Above illustration is indicative only.
- Monthly instalment after deferment period is computed based on outstanding tenure.